• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hall of Fame sets?

5 posts in this topic

should NGC have Hall of Fame sets?..some sets get so phenomenal that they may never be touched...if they do start a "Registry Hall of Fame" do you think that these sets should essentially be retired?...listed in a seperate category and maybe some categories may open up for competition again...

NGC has already said that they're considering a "Hall of Fame" for great sets. That said, a set should be "retired" when it is sold and broken down into it's component parts. If it's the best set it's the best set and should not be pulled to one side so inferior sets can feel better about themselves.

What about a Hall of Fame for sets that win top honors at least three years in a row? There would be two banners--a "gold" banner for those who still own their hall of fame sets and a "silver" banner for sets that have been broken up... or something similar.

It's just a thought. hm

Scott :hi:

I' m not an owner of any top 3 sets in any prestigous category like morgans or walkers...so I didn't pose this question with any self-interest in mind. I think some of the sets are just so good that they should get some special recognition...I like the idea of a gold icon and a silver icon...am interested in what others think...

Plus --what would you do if a "retired" set got upgraded?

I never said my idea was perfect!!

If a set was upgraded, it would be removed from the HoF and placed back into competition. I think that would be fair.

Scott :hi: