• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

are you into trade dollars??

5 posts in this topic

what kind of trade dollar would you buy if you wanted one for a type set??

or??

are you thinking of buying some in the near future? and if so what is your reason?/plan?

michael

juggle.gifjuggle.gifjuggle.gifjuggle.gif

277244-81tradeUC.jpg.34071de158fe5409080c62a8b001b847.jpg

I have one for my type set, but will probably upgrade it in the future... a nice EF - AU piece would look good... as long as it looks natural and clean (not cleaned and hairlined or look like it was just dug up out of the ground).

While a proof would be nice, I'm keeping my Type Set to all business strikes.

I think better date MS specimens are the way to go, preferably at or near the conditionally sensitive grade level and with strong positive eye appeal.

For example, a 73CC in nice AU58 is better than a 77S in MS64. They both cost around the same, but more people will want a 73CC than a 77S, even with such a big grade disparity. Or, get a 77 in MS64 with a decent strike and great eye appeal; there is believed to be only one gem specimen extant.

EVP

My favorites are a Potty Dollar in surprisingly high grade (most are worn as they were used as pocket charms) and one that secretly pops open to reveal an inside that housed a small photo.

Neat artifacts of a bygone era.