• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

We watched Steve Martin's "Pennies From Heaven" this past weekend...

6 posts in this topic

... and in addition to the obvious numismatic connection with the title, there are some scenes where giant Peace dollars take part in Broadway-like production. Aside from all that, this was a very fine movie, one of the few Steve Martin flicks I'd never seen, and it was surprising to me for being a musical.

Of course, this isn't the only Steve Martin movie with numismatic connections - check out "A Simple Twist of Fate" sometime. Strong numismatic undercurrent in that one.

I just watched Ginger Rogers in "Gold Diggers of 1933" singing We're In the Money. This scene is justifiably famous - all the chorus girls are wearing costumes made out of coins. It was hilarious! The rest of the movie wasn't bad, either, with Busby Berkeley's grand showstopping numbers.

ClintEastwood.jpg

With a title name like "A Fist Full of Dollars" you'd think you'd see plenty of money, but all you really see is Clint Eastwood reach into his vest-like pocket and pull out a non-descript coin to pay for his drink and then toss it onto the bar. (probably a spanish coin from the darkside)

Still one of the best and first of the trilogies of "Sphagetti Westerns"

When he made this movie, Clint was fresh from the TV show "Rawhide"

lol

Interesting to see this thread pop back up to the top.

Watch "Singing In The Rain" sometime. It has scenes with coins and currency as well. Besides that, it's a fantastic movie!

lol

Interesting to see this thread pop back up to the top.

Watch "Singing In The Rain" sometime. It has scenes with coins and currency as well. Besides that, it's a fantastic movie!

Indeed, "Singin' In the Rain" is one of my favorites.

Michael Jackson's Coin Toss

"Billie Jean" is a 1983 hit single from Michael Jackson's Thriller album where he tosses/flips a Kennedy half dollar into the bums cup.

The half dollar needs to be 1983 or prior.