• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So tell me..................

34 posts in this topic

is anyone working Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Year's Eve and New Year's Day besides me?

How in the heck do they expect me to find the time to get out and hunt for the post-holiday coin sales?

Chris

Let me check with the"Boss", nope she says i'm off those days. Matter of fact she says i'm off everyday.10_1_104v.gif

I wasn't asking about your mental state. lol

Chris

I worked 'til noon today, then went to find my wife a Christmas card that I had forgotten about. :eek:doh! I'm off tomorrow, work New Years' Eve, off New Years Day.

I feel for you, Chris! :(

Mike, I just had a couple come in from Lynn, MA to play. They don't mind the winter weather down here!

Chris

Running from the 2 and 1/2 feet of snow no doubt - :roflmao:

Nope, I had today off. I have tomorrow off, I have New Year's Eve off, I have New Year's Day off and well heck I actually had last Friday off and the last three days of this week off as well.

Let me check with the"Boss", nope she says i'm off those days. Matter of fact she says i'm off everyday.10_1_104v.gif

I wasn't asking about your mental state. lol

Chris

36_11_6.gif

Chris,

Well actually I am going to be working very hard here in West Texas at my Mom's on eating good, relazing, watching lots of football and oh yeah, visiting the local coin shop once or twice. lol

Rey

Chris,

Well actually I am going to be working very hard here in West Texas at my Mom's on eating good, relazing, watching lots of football and oh yeah, visiting the local coin shop once or twice. lol

Rey

Rub it in, Rey! Rub it in! Are you sure you want me to bring that medal to FUN? lol lol lol lol

Chris

Well, I'm reading your posts, and it feels pretty much like work. Does that count? ;)

You can make up for it by promising to attend the NGC Luncheon at FUN. :devil:

Chris

At least some of you are helping me to stay awake. There hasn't been enough business to justify being open. You know, owners are so greedy. They don't care as long as it is someone else holding down the fort.

Chris

Well, I'm reading your posts, and it feels pretty much like work. Does that count? ;)

You can make up for it by promising to attend the NGC Luncheon at FUN. :devil:

Dena decided that moving the luncheon back by a day to accommodate my schedule just wouldn't work.

Chris,

Rey

Rub it in, Rey! Rub it in! Are you sure you want me to bring that medal to FUN? lol lol lol lol

Chris

(shrug)Actually Chris, I really admire those of us that work so hard. I felt bad so I opened up some emails tonight and responded to some and will do so tomorrow as well as New Years Eve and New Years. That way I am working too. Don't want you to fell so isloated out there. :baiting:

(plus I really want that medal) (thumbs u Thinking of you. :foryou:

Rey

Chris,

Rey

Chris

(shrug)Actually Chris, I really admire those of us that work so hard. I felt bad so I opened up some emails tonight and responded to some and will do so tomorrow as well as New Years Eve and New Years. That way I am working too. Don't want you to fell so isloated out there. :baiting:

(plus I really want that medal) (thumbs u Thinking of you. :foryou:

Rey

Stephane's photos are usually pretty good, so I don't expect any surprises.

While we're on the subject of medals, I was thinking of bringing some of my favorites for "Show and Tell" at FUN.

Chris

Chris,

Who is Stephanie???

What Photos???

Show and tell sounds good, I will do the same.

Rey

M. Stephane de Jaeger

Referring to his photo of the 1900 Bank of France medal by Roty

Chris

I'm working all 4 of those days. The boat came in for weather for a day (23rd) and I was able to sneak home for 3 hours during my 12 hours off shift for christmas with my wife, so that was nice. I've worked the last two Christmas/New Years holidays, but next year is my turn off!

Bah humbug for now tho...

Actually this is the first year is some time that I have not worked all four of them. I was only scheduled for Christmas Eve. then they added Christmas Day. Then the other third shift person's plans changed again and they took Christmas Day back. SO I'm back down to just one of the four.

See... you have to find a job working for the government--then it's like everyday is off!! lol

:roflmao:

Scott :hi:

Nah, I can't stand getting paid for doing nothing. You know that if half of the employees on the government payroll would quit, the government might even become a profit-making entity. lol

Merry Christmas, Scott!

Chris

Chris,

Who is Stephanie???

What Photos???

Rey

M. Stephane de Jaeger

Chris

doh! Whoops, duh!!!, guess my mind was wandering. lol

For what you were able to get the medal for, I am sure I will have no problem being happy with it.

Oh by the way Chris, I forgot to read or answer emails today so I guess I technically did not work. I'll buy you a beer or something in Orlando to make it up. (thumbs u

Rey

Chris,

Who is Stephanie???

What Photos???

Rey

M. Stephane de Jaeger

Chris

doh! Whoops, duh!!!, guess my mind was wandering. lol

For what you were able to get the medal for, I am sure I will have no problem being happy with it.

Oh by the way Chris, I forgot to read or answer emails today so I guess I technically did not work. I'll buy you a beer or something in Orlando to make it up. (thumbs u

Rey

Then I guess I should assume that you didn't see the 4 or 5 railroad medal listings that I sent you.

Chris

Chris,

Actually I did, and sent a response from my Blackberry which I guess went to your ebay address. (Technically not work) The Japanese and a couple of the other ones are on my watch list now. Thanks again. Did you get any sleep last night????

Thanks again Chris, actually as a result of your tips I spent quite a bit of time on ebay today searching for railway, railroad and trains.

Thanks,

Rey

Chris,

Actually I did, and sent a response from my Blackberry which I guess went to your ebay address. (Technically not work) The Japanese and a couple of the other ones are on my watch list now. Thanks again. Did you get any sleep last night????

Thanks again Chris, actually as a result of your tips I spent quite a bit of time on ebay today searching for railway, railroad and trains.

Thanks,

Rey

I just got home from work about an hour ago, and I haven't checked my e-mail yet. It's more important for me to see what juicy tidbits I can pick up here.

I got two hours of sleep, 5:00am-7:00am. I stopped in here then I had to find a grocery store to buy some desserts to put out for our customers. Fortunately, Albertson's never closes because they are also greed-mongers. After that, it was Noon-11:30pm at work (another greed-monger).

I want you to know, Rey, that I searched 2036 medals listings Monday night to Tuesday morning, and I only found two that were of interest to me. Sometimes, just sometimes, there are other places I would rather be when the pickings are that bad.

Chris