• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A bit of “bah humbug” when you’ve had enough of the in-laws this holiday season

6 posts in this topic

InLaws.jpg

This refrigerator magnet is a photo of a tapestry that hangs in the Lightner Museum in St. Augustine, Florida. It’s part of a huge eclectic collection of objects that one man accumulated over a lifetime. The Lightner Museum is in a former Henry Flagler hotel that is across from the Flagler’s Ponce de Leon, which is now a college.

I hope this like a shot of Jack Daniels for those you who don't drink, but feel like you are living in National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation.

And yes there are a few coins in the collection of objects, but they are all low grade and have been cleaned to death.

I think the last time I went there I was too busy being awestruck by the beautiful building and architecture that I didn't even pay attention to what was in the museum. I really like downtown St. Augustine, probably one of my favorite cities.

but feel like you are living in National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation.

It has long been our family tradition to watch "Christmas Vacation" as soon as the Thanksgiving mess is cleaned up. A perennial favorite!

There's something to be said for working through the holidays (horray for me!)...1 christmas a year is enough for me. I can't handle the 4 or 5 that just my wife's side of the family subjects themselves too every year.

but feel like you are living in National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation.

It has long been our family tradition to watch "Christmas Vacation" as soon as the Thanksgiving mess is cleaned up. A perennial favorite!

I watch "Christmas Vacation" every year. My wife doesn't care for it, but I see the members of my family in every one of the characters, especially the ner’-do-well brother-in-law, Eddie.

Some of the Lampoon movies don’t work well at all, but when they do they are a howl. I went to college with some of the guys in “Animal House.” One guy drove his motor cycle into the dorm and then proceeded to take it apart in his room. That particular dorm was notorious for its low cumulative grade point index. It was somewhat under 2.00 on the 4.00 scale.