• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Question about toned Washington quarters

4 posts in this topic

Are only Unc. toned Washingtons of interest to the folks who like toned coins?

The reason I ask is that I have a couple of Washingtons that spent a lot of time in Whitman folders and now have what might be considered attractive toning.

The coins grade perhaps XF or so.

Do you think they'd fetch more than bullion?

(No pictures available, unfortunately.)

Washingtons and toning...hmmmm... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I might be interested in that subject. As for how you have described the coins, I will assume that they are neither key nor semi-key dates and are likely common 1950s and 1960s coins. That being the case, I don't know of anyone who would be extremely interested in those coins. Don't take this as there can be no interest at all; I just don't know of anyone who these would likely be for.

I concur...common date circulated coins of any series will not fetch much even if nicely toned, however I would not let them go for bullion or even a bit more. Unless you need the money to eat, keep the coins and use them as a guide to what real toning looks like.