• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A great variety and selection for a very few people

10 posts in this topic

There are no less than FIVE 1792 Half Dismes coming to auction with Heritage during the January FUN show. Ranging in grade from VF20 to MS63. Ranging in appearance from original soft silvery to multi color toned. Coins in both PCGS and NGC plastic for collectors of either persuasion.

Although it may have happened before I can't recall this many 1792 H10¢'s coming to market at the same time in the same venue before. At this moment there is actually a very good available inventory of one of the most difficult half dimes to aquire. A coin with a total original mintage of just 1,500 pieces (although admittedly they were a heavily saved coin). This represents a pretty special occasion for those that are financially endowed enough to consider these coins. I'll be watching with earnest to see if all of the coins sell and what prices they bring.

A mini-saturation could possibly have a short term (during this auction only) affect on the price. The prices these half dimes always realize severely limits the number of people in the market for them. It's possible we will see more supply than there is demand during this auction.

92sco7.png

Beautiful coins.

But I just can't imagine that they could not find a better model for the coin. Looks like Miss Liberty just woke up from a bad hangover !

Don't talk about my mother-in-law like that!! :grin:

Wow, and to think I always thought it was some 18th century fat nobleman originally hailing from England, what a insufficiently_thoughtful_person I am. So it's a she huh? That is all the contraception they needed back then.