• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NGC & PCGS labels

7 posts in this topic

Does anyone know where to return labels of coins that have been broken out of slabs? I have some that I broke out and have sold and the labels are no good anymore so I want to make sure the counts get reduced.

Thanks

Just stick them in an envelope and mail them to the address the grading service uses for grading coins. If you put your name and membership number in there, you might get a check for 50 cents or something like that, as a reward for returning them.

I'm sure the rate of return on these labels is way less than 100%, but every one counts.

I bet the return factor is a good deal less than 5%. I don't know of anyone who send these things back.

I think you are right. I used to throw mine away with the case. But now I am saving them and if I sell the coin I need to start returning these at some point. Does anyone have the address for PCGS?

I asked this question earlier and this is the response I received from NGC. PCGS may be different

No, unfortunately NGC does not pay for labels that are returned once the coin has been cracked out of the NGC holder.

Regards,

Pam Kesten