• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Best Company to Appraise/Grade Foreign Gold Coins

8 posts in this topic

I have been very pleased with the services that NGC has provided me on my world coins. I have found them to be reasonably priced and have never had an issue with the outcomes.

Rey

I have never had any coins "officially appraised". So hopefully some other members can give some suggestions. I imagine it really depends on how many and what type of coins you are talking about and the purpose or reasons for determing their value. Dealers and auction houses like Heritage or David Lawrence Rare Coins will "appraise but again it depends on what you are loking for. I as well as others use various published pricing guides or auction history to estimate the value of a particular coin. Knowing the grade most certainly helps.

How many coins do you have and what are they? Are you able to post images of them on here. There are many members here that can provide opinions/suggestions on the condition, possible grade and possible value. Also if you let us know what you have we can lead you in the right direction as far as determining value.

Rey