• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PCGS plastic slab boxes

7 posts in this topic

I just purchased my first slabbed coin, a PCGS. I was on eBay trying to see if I could pick up some cheap boxes to store the slab and I discovered what they call green and blue plastic cases. Are they the same thing just different colors? Also while I'm at it, are all the various generations of PCGS slabs the same size, etc? Hopefully all PCGS slabs and boxes are interchangeable.

Yes the green and blue PCGS boxes are the same except for the color. PCGS made the green boxes when they were using the green label and switched to the blue boxes when they started using blue labels.

I believe that all the various generations of PCGS slabs the same size except perhaps the first generation holders.

John

The blue and green PCGS boxes are the same. I believe that they changed the color when they changed the slab label from green to blue. The various generations of PCGS slabs are not. The first generation PCGS slab is smaller and will not fit in the box properly. PCGS then added an add on "collar" to the slab to make it the similar to the next generation slab.

Also, NGC slabs will not fit into PCGS boxes correctly, whereas the NGC boxes will hold both the NGC and PCGS slabs well.

Also, NGC slabs will not fit into PCGS boxes correctly, whereas the NGC boxes will hold both the NGC and PCGS slabs well.

You can also buy the boxes directly from NGC for 3 or 4 bucks each.

Hoot

Well I just filled my first PCGS box and part of another by finishing my set of current released state quarters. It's a great feeling knowing I got them all 1999 to current date. Seems like the thrill of the kill has gotten to me and I may have went overboard buying up state quarters. I'm very excited!!!