• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Calling all florida-ian's(sorry non coin related)

20 posts in this topic

I will be attending the fun show (YEA!) and I will be taking my (estranged) wife"for lack of a better word." In an effort to, hopefully, become close again. I'll be staying within three miles of the Convention center, and would like some recommendations on a place that will be, lets say, hypnotic or well Ok! Romantic, yes I said it "Romantic." Not that I need help with my love life, just don't no the area, (Wink)(Wink).

()

Sorry for posting this on a coin thread but, hey! help a guy out.

Richard

If the purpose of your vacation is mostly romantic time and not coin-related maybe concider stay a little ways off....like palm beach, naples or St.Augustine. These cities are a few hours (2.5 or less) away from FUN and still amazing. Palm Beach has The Breaker's which is one of the nicest hotels anywhere in FLA.

Good luck!

If the purpose of your vacation is mostly romantic time and not coin-related maybe concider stay a little ways off....like palm beach, naples or St.Augustine. These cities are a few hours (2.5 or less) away from FUN and still amazing. Palm Beach has The Breaker's which is one of the nicest hotels anywhere in FLA.

Good luck!

I think both Naples and Palm Beach are a little further than that. I live almost opposite of Palm Beach on the west coast and it's 220 miles to Orlando from my home. Naples is 40 miles further south of my location.

Chris

I calculated that Miami to orlando is 3.5 and palm beach is at least an hour from Miami.... Rich, I don't want to misrepersent so please mapquest.

Breaker's is still nice though.

I live in Jacksonville Florida which is about as far North you can go in Florida without being in Georgia. St Augustine is only 45 minutes away.Orlando is at least 3 hours away and Miami at least 5 hours from me so St Augustine is out of the picture.

I don't know about the situation with the estanged wife and i hasn't been mentioned how she feels about the coin show and coins in general or for that matter any other area.

I have really not looked into any of them as I am already here but Disney World is in Orlando.There are several package deals for people visiting Orlando for going to Disney world. Busch Gardens is also in Orlando.I would be careful about my arrangements as there are a couple of bad sections in Orlando,

Perhaps a combination trip can be made.

I don't really think of Orlando as a "romantic" place, although I do not live there. When I think of romantic, I think of the gulf/ocean. I'd try and get to the water -- perhaps dinner at a nice resturant on the Gulf or Atlantic.

Well just to set the record straight, she enjoys coins also, not like me mind you, but Italian coins are her favorite. Plus my main goal is just to get away and hopefully see some of you guys there. The Romantic part will primarily be at night, right before bed, if you catch my drift. Well the trip is booked and hopefully Mike can give me a recommendation for some quiet time with Leslie, hopefully there's a good Italian restaurant we can go to.

Just so everyone knows I am taking care of Richard....I sent him a list of my top choices. :acclaim: I agree that Orlando isn't a romantic spot especially around the International drive area which is ground zero for tourist but...........

There are some really good Italian and Steak resturants in the area so hopefully Richard will like one of my choices (thumbs u

If those don't work for you circle back and I can recomend some other places including Seafood :cloud9:

Ok folks so here it goes. I am in the same situation as Richard in personal life. My significant other has agreed to attend with me and I think that is great, that is why I mentioned earlier in the thread that it is her first coin event. I am looking forward to it as I am sure Richard is Maybe he and I can do the coin thing and the girls can do the "talking amongst each other" thing. hm

Richard, Let me know what you come up with my friend.

We may need each other in Orlando. :headbang:

Rey

Anyone who has questions about Orlando or the area down by the Convention center please just PM me as I have lived in Orlando for 13 years and there isn't too much I don't know about the area or the Show (thumbs u

I think I have a streak of 4 straight years going to the FUN show but I have been in years past as well hm

I know the Chris and I will be catching up over some beers one of the nights and it would be nice to get a big group of coin geeks together lol

Bad news Chris......I lost my famous shirt....may it RIP :sorry:

shane1.jpg

What happened? If I should see a woman accompanying a man wearing it, should I assume that is your ex with him? She probably cut it up to use it for rags because she knew you liked it.

Well, you've always got the TCCS shirt that I had monogrammed for you. lol

Chris

What happened? If I should see a woman accompanying a man wearing it, should I assume that is your ex with him? She probably cut it up to use it for rags because she knew you liked it.

Chris

That will always be a classic and yes...I do indeed still have that... (thumbs u

If you see my Ex and her man wearing that shirt......he'll be burried in it :censored:

There are some really good Italian and Steak resturants in the area so hopefully Richard will like one of my choices (thumbs up

Was Charley's among those? I'd highly recommend it to anyone going to FUN and looking for a good steak.

http://orlando.citysearch.com/review/2398749

My mouth is watering just thinking about it....Mike

Just so everyone knows I am taking care of Richard....I sent him a list of my top choices. :acclaim: I agree that Orlando isn't a romantic spot especially around the International drive area which is ground zero for tourist but...........

There are some really good Italian and Steak resturants in the area so hopefully Richard will like one of my choices (thumbs u

If those don't work for you circle back and I can recomend some other places including Seafood :cloud9:

Yes sir Shane I think the choices you sent me are perfect.

Ciao Italia Ristorante. Can't wait Thanks for your help everybody.

Richard

Chris

That will always be a classic and yes...I do indeed still have that... (thumbs u

Be sure to wear it to FUN so I can get a couple of pictures.

Chris

Cypress Gardens, in Winter Haven (ca. 1 hr or so from Orlando) is a favorite with the ladies. Check out their website. We used to go there years ago.

Looks like a very nice place to visit, nothing like flowers to set the mood.