• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Whitman Tribute Edition Coin Boards

9 posts in this topic

Today, I received an email from Whitman Publishing announcing, amongst other items, Lincoln Head Penny and Buffalo Nickel Tribute Edition Coin Boards. They are 11x16 boards using the same style as was used in the 1930s by Whitman. The Lincoln set consists of two boards of 90 coins each covering the Wheat Cent era (1909-1958). The Buffalo Nickel board is a single board for 80 coins. Pair the boards with David Lang's Coin Collecting Boards of the 1930s & 1940s and now you have a great gift for the numismatist in your life! It's such a good idea, I will do that for myself!!

Edited to add: If you go to www.coincollectingboards.com you can buy the book directly from David and have it autographed. Autographed book and coin boards... how cool is that!

BTW: Aside from a new Lincoln Cent book by Q. David Bowers (does he do anything else but write books?), Whitman is offering free shipping for orders placed before December 18, free items depending on how much you spend, and a free copy of Bowers' Inside Story of the State Quarters for all orders.

Remember, today is the last day of Chanukah and it's 12 days until Christmas. :baiting:

Scott :hi:

Scott,

Freight is free on any order if placed before Dec. 18, 2007 regardless of the amount according to the email I got.

Changed! :cool:

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

I'm looking forward to picking up the new boards for my collection. They are modeled on the Whitman Third Edition of 1938-40.

Regarding my book, you can also get it at my website (www.coincollectingboards.com) for the same price as Amazon, and I don't have to give them a piece of the pie. :grin:

Thanks for the info. I actually like those boards. Very tempting to transfer my Lincolns and Buffalo Nickels to one of each out of their old Whitman Folders which are falling apart and no longer keep all coins intact.

Rey

Regarding my book, you can also get it at my website (www.coincollectingboards.com) for the same price as Amazon, and I don't have to give them a piece of the pie. :grin:

Being a fan of Dave Lange's writing, I changed the original note.

Coin boards and Dave's book... it's still a cool idea!! (thumbs u

Hey Dave... do I get a commission?? lol