• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I noticed that people are.........

16 posts in this topic

much more happy, friendly, helpful on the NGC boards than on other forums. How can this be explained?????????? Great customer service? Naw. Wonderful turnaround times? Naw. So what is it? Most other forums complain, complain, complain. I like it here. cloud9.gif

TRUTH news.gif

As a newbie to both boards I will say that this one is a lot more calm. However, I think, not sure, that there are greater number of members over there and therefore more newbie topics are introduced in between the flaming threads.

Don't get me wrong, when I ask questions here they are answered quickly and clearly. Just that there seem to be more newbies on the other boards and more threads that speak to me at my level.

It is more serene here than across the street. I think the biggest reasons are that the mods here are more in control and that there are far more members across the street than here.

The increase in noise is at a greater rate than the increase in membership. Exponential, perhaps?

EVP

I've noticed that fewer of our forum members actually post to the threads over here - maybe you just like to read the posts & not voice opinions (Unless it's to dis HRH, which always seems to get a lot of response here).

You're absolutely right Truth.

I just wrote a response here that I deleted before posting because I found that just talking about it brought me there.

in between the flaming threads

The common denominator in 98% of the flaming threads "across the street" is no longer posting here. His attitude was not well received here. His unprovoked insults and personal attacks would never be tolerated by the moderators here. That, in and of itself, goes a long way toward keeping these boards significantly more civil and on topic.

I think they are a bunch of conspriracy theorists over there.

Almost every thread over there is attacking some alleged eBay scammer.

They even go as far as reviewing feedback trying to find patterns of possible shilling.

Then of course one poster gets his coins a little late and a post goes up that the sender is a scammer.

Some eBay newbie with zero feedback bids on 100 coins from the same seller (sometimes multiple bids on the same coins) and loses all the bids and it is immediately posted that the seller and the bidder are involved in some conspiracy.

Naturally ever seller who overprices their coins is a con man

Despite the known limitations and variations of scanners and digital cameras all coins pics are never representative of the condition of the coin and somehow manipulated by the ripoff artist seller

The forum members all own coins that are misgraded by the expert TPG services, especially by NGC.

You would think that naturally toned coins don't exist on the market with the amount of suspcious artifically toned coins being sold.

My favorite is how everyone in the hobby knows the phrase "buy the coin and not the holder" there are constantly gripes about how some coin is not worth the MSXX price they paid.

Naturally ever seller who overprices their coins is a con man

Heh, and then you go to the complaining party's auctions and find that they are asking greysheet ask for their own coins!

I have also been very impressed with how much better this board is than the PCGS forum. No, I'm not just saying that due to getting banned (banged?) from over there, but just the overall operation of this board is much smoother, and the technical capabilities of this board are so much better. Also, there seems to be so much garbage over there. It seems like a lot of posters lurk around there just to get jabs in every other thread. Glad to be here now!

James