• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2008 States Quarters Designs

5 posts in this topic

The designs approved for Alaska, Arizona, Hawaii, New Mexico and Oklahoma are shown in the latest issue of Coin World. I like Alaska and Arizona looks okay, but Hawaii and New Mexico are the same old..........what else is new...........ho-hum..........state outlines. Victor, you should have submitted your design for Oklahoma. I can't believe that not one single western state used the portrait of a Native American.

Chris

Chief Joseph

48897-IMG_2052.JPG.2873a0456ff825370e8f9b3ae0825eb2.JPG

I like that picture Chris. That is awesome!!

Thanks, Bobby!

The artist happened to meet my Mom one evening a few years ago at the poolroom where I played leagues. They shared artist's stories the entire night while I was conducting league business. The next week he gave Mom this print. The detail is just amazing. The original work is in pencil.

Chris

Absolutely stunning print, Chris. I can't believe that New Mexico wouldn't demand to have a coin with half the history that photo depicts. Cold, hard life exudes from every wrinkle in the mans face, much like the life faced by the cliff dwelling indians in New Mexico.