• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WHAT DO YOU THINK?

11 posts in this topic

It's about the same size as a Morgan dollar, so that will give you some idea about the silver content in it. His opening bid seems too high if you're collecting medals, but I can't say how that would be affected by any World's Fair memorabilia collectors.

I have a lot of medals that were struck either by MACO or the Danbury Mint in .999 Fine Silver and in the last three years, I haven't paid more than $45 for any of them. Perhaps ScottB can give you some insight. I think he has some NY-related memorabilia.

The seller doesn't have any bids, yet, and if you're interested even though you may decide to pass on the auction, you may want to watch to see if it sells or not. If it doesn't, make him an offer.

Chris

The item is worth far less than the auction price especially when one considers the $10 shipping fee that does not include insurance and the intentionally ambiguous return language. I would stay far away from a seller like this. :mad:

The item is worth far less than the auction price especially when one considers the $10 shipping fee that does not include insurance and the intentionally ambiguous return language. I would stay far away from a seller like this. :mad:

Tom, Ant did state that it was being sold by a friend, but how good a friend he is remains to be seen.

Chris

Personally, I always appreciate Tom’s honesty. I’m actually concerned that this board is not critical enough at times.

In any event, this may be a good opportunity for Ant to make some suggestions to his friend regarding his friend’s auctions. (shrug)

I had a Bronze Uncirculated version of this same medal. It sold on Ebay for about $15.00. When I was doing research for it, I fould the silver ones for $40-$50 online. And this one doesn't look uncirculated.

my friend at eauction depot is a consignment store. they sell stuff ppl bring into them. i want to let them know if they are selling to high. like i did on the frankies they were selling. i told them not to list so high but they did.

if you are willing let me know once in a while if there is something fishy. they are new at coins and collectables (if you cant tell). the person that owns sore is my old boss at tattoo shop. he got into this on a whim and isnt doing to good due to ppl wanting toooo much for items. im just trying to help him. if anything looks fishy please tell me so i kan let them know.

the coins i told them wouldnt sell havnt and the ones i told them would cause an uproar is coming back as i stated to them. they just need a lil help from the sidelines :)

ok i went and talked to them!

1. in the 9.99 for shipping there is 100$ of insurance then there is a 70c charge for every 100$ of insurance wanted. (they will add this info to there new listings)

2. lots of the coins that go through there are from a guy that isnt to trustable. he is a doubler. he buys coins for say 20$ then has others sell for him at double the listed value so he doesnt have his name on things.

3. i told them it is worth between 25-50. is this a good tell.

if there are any questions or conserns please contact me and ill get them taken care of. these are good ppl that dont know much on the collectables. but they are learning.

we thank you for pointing things out! keep up the good work all :) your life savers !