• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Grades are in...

17 posts in this topic

001 1896 S$1 MS 64

002 1880 S S$1 MS 65

003 1880 S S$1 MS 64

004 1886 S$1 MS 63

005 1924 S$1 MS 65

All bought as BU... I really didn't care about the grades...These are all toned to some degree... I was hoping for some stars hm

001 1896 S$1 MS 64

002 1880 S S$1 MS 65

003 1880 S S$1 MS 64

004 1886 S$1 MS 63

005 1924 S$1 MS 65

All bought as BU... I really didn't care about the grades...These are all toned to some degree... I was hoping for some stars hm

As an aside ...I asked Anaconda if he was interested in the 24 as it has some REALLY nice color on the reverse while I was in Baltimore.. He told me he only buys slabbed coins..

It's the only Peace dollar I have seen that I Liked the color..

I will post a pic when I get it.

It looks like you got some nice grades there. I can't wait to see the pics.

Chris

Hey Chris, When they post the grades do they post whether they get the star or not?

As an aside ...I asked Anaconda if he was interested in the 24 as it has some REALLY nice color on the reverse while I was in Baltimore.. He told me he only buys slabbed coins..

Once bitten, twice shy! ;)

Yea but he was bitten by a slabbed coin lol

ttiwwp.gif
As soon as I get them I will post pics (thumbs u

I'm pretty sure I posted pics of them raw... I just have to wait and see which ones they were.. hm

I've never gotten a star, but I would imagine so since it is part of the grade.

Chris

:pullhair: I would have given big odds that the peace would have gotten a star...

I guess I will have to wait till I get it to make sure.. :sorry:

Yea but he was bitten by a slabbed coin lol

lol

That's right, I'd almost forgotten that!

Great one-liner, Maul! Funniest post I've seen here for awhile.

It wasn't worth the gamble for the small margin (if there was one left depending on what it graded), nor the time to get it graded. It had nothing to do with anything else. Oh, but that's not as fun as speculation. It'll all come back around.

It wasn't worth the gamble for the small margin (if there was one left depending on what it graded), nor the time to get it graded. It had nothing to do with anything else. Oh, but that's not as fun as speculation. It'll all come back around.

I totally respect his decision..

Truthfully it was a good business call for the both of us..

Personally I think You guys are tops in the certified toned market.. I just wish I could afford you.. lol

I totally respect his decision..

Truthfully it was a good business call for the both of us..

Personally I think You guys are tops in the certified toned market.. I just wish I could afford you.. lol

No problem. My comment wasn't directed at you. It was to help TDN realize that things come back around.

We've actually got plenty of affordable coins. If you think the prices are high, check greysheet, PCGS price guide, and auction results for comparable examples (eye appeal included), and then consider our asking prices again. We are very price conscious when we buy but pay money commensurate with the quality.