• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nice IH proof

6 posts in this topic

TomB recently posted about never regretting paying too much for a great coin. For my tastes this one quailifies, and I did wind up paying stupid money for it. It's also a good example of the beautiful RB/BN IH proofs you can find in NGC holders. This one's a 67RB and I'd take it over a RD anyday.

At sharper angles the obverse is a beautiful solid shade of violet with splashes of blue on the indian and upper portion. The reverse is brilliant aqua with greyblack fields at certain angles. Just one of those coins where the color and technical merit come together.

Sidenote: All the marks on the upper obverse are the plastic. This was just slabbed, in the NGC.com holder. Has anyone else noticed that some of their new airtite holders bubble outward a little and cause the focal area of the coin to scuff? Drives me nuts on a little coin like this!

Larger images

274170-1907NGCPF67RB350.jpg.e7e7c780a0fc9db5504da68faf213d2b.jpg

I did wind up paying stupid money for it. . . . This one's a 67RB and I'd take it over a RD anyday.

Sidenote: All the marks on the upper obverse are the plastic. This was just slabbed, in the NGC.com holder. Has anyone else noticed that some of their new airtite holders bubble outward a little and cause the focal area of the coin to scuff? Drives me nuts on a little coin like this!

Paul, I agree, you've paid too much, shocked.gif cut your losses, send it to me right away, grin.gif otherwise you'll be buried in it forever. 893whatthe.gif It's the perfect match for my PR66"BN" that's an irridescent Purple-Blue. PM me if you need my address.

I've also noticed that the holders bulge outward & the "centers" - right over the coin get scratched & make it difficult to see the coin. If anyone wants the "cure" for scratched holders, let me know, I posted a thread accross the street re getting rid of the scratches, & I'll try and find it (& if some one tells me how) & add a "Linky".