• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Albert Collis Restrike

5 posts in this topic

Nothing on T.V. last night so I checked out an auction site.This is not my area but the guy was auctioning off a B-22B Albert Collis Restrike. It is a 1792 Copper MS62 Certified by NGC.

Cerification number on one of them was 3087425-015 and it was a RD.

I looked it up and Numismedia had "No Price".

Anybody have any ideas as to its worth?

Thanks

The original was valuable but I believe the restrike to be fairly inexpensive. I found many sales last year but they were so massive(Bass medal sale) I didn't take the time to search through them. On the restrike their was no reverse(blank).Here is an Ebay sale in Spain in October for $29.99

ebay

By the way, the Red Book notates that an Albert Collis Restrike was made in 1959 but does not place a value on it.

Thanks. I really didn't understand it as it is no my area. I am always curious. The guy said that only 5000 were made.I didn't know if that referred to the Original or the restrike.. there was the old pitch about it becoming valuable as there were only 5000 etc.

The bidding went up to $330.00 and he ended the auction and put it out at $297.77.

You are correct in that there was no reverse. It was just blank with what looked like a small hole in the center.

Just goes to show how the same coin in the example sold for $29.95 and it went for $300.00 .

I guess that shows how it can be profitable to send something like this into NGC and pay the fees.