• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CAC at the Baystate show

8 posts in this topic

I went to the Baystate show in Boston on Friday. I was not really looking for CAC stickered coins, which is a good thing as I did not see one coin with the green CAC sticker.

I ran into Cape and Jeremy (Airplanenut). They were completeing a sale as I was at Capes table. He had some real nice CBH for sale. I bought a nice 1913 Buf type 1 for my type collection. I also bought a 1884 proof Half in PR64 cameo from Charles Browne of Certified assets.

No CAC sticker on my Half, should I be concerned :)

I didn’t see any CAC stickers at the show either. One dealer, however, did add little green star stickers to some of their slabs. I have no idea what that was about…
That's ok... the only CAC stickers I saw in Baltimore were at the table for Legend Numismatics! :baiting:

Scott :hi:

I didn’t see any CAC stickers at the show either. One dealer, however, did add little green star stickers to some of their slabs. I have no idea what that was about…
That's ok... the only CAC stickers I saw in Baltimore were at the table for Legend Numismatics! :baiting:

Scott :hi:

A great two way synergy for Legend don't you think?

That's ok... the only CAC stickers I saw in Baltimore were at the table for Legend Numismatics!

Actually there was at least another coin on the floor at Baltimore with a CAC sticker because I bought it. The presence of the sticker had zero influence on my buying decision. I bought the coin, an 1836 Gobrecht Dollar with the original coin die rotation and the eagle flying “onward and upward,” because this was probably the best example of that historic coin (PCGS PR-62 PQ (IMO)) that I could ever own. The dealer from whom I purchased it did advise me not to remove the label.

And I did not buy it from Legend. I would not be welcome at their table.