• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Question on Valuation - PF67Cam - 1883 III nickel

6 posts in this topic

Is there a valuation listing anywhere in the DEALER magazines that would give a valuation for this coin ???

1883 Three Cent Nickel ( III ) NGC PR67CAM

48533-1.jpg.6bb06b2695bfdea51e77d778df16de5c.jpg

An average example for that date, grade and designation is probably currently worth approximately $1000-$1100 wholesale. I recently bought a non-cameo PCGS PR67 example of that type for $977 out of an auction.

if i really liked the coin in hand sight seen as to grade and the coin was strongly cameoed+ non dipped with original surfaces i could see this coin fair retail at $1400-1600

if it is average for the grade with nothing special eye appeal and dipped out with average cameo then i would say just under $1050 retail AND I WOULD NOT WANT IT AT ALL..............................

With a total Proof mintage of only 6,609 and this one being at the top of the scale of available coins still out there... I'd snap it up. It seems greatly undevalued, comparitively speaking, at any price under $1,500. What would a PR67 F.E. Cameo go for?

the entire 3-cent nickel series seems to be undervalued--if you go by mintage comparisons....heck, the 1916-D dime and 1909-S VDB, both referred to as rarities would be some of the more common dates of this series....but as far as value?...don't hold your breath, never has there been a greater example of demand creating the value than this series--they just aren't highly collected.

Personally, I like the series and design and would love to have an 1877 in my collection just in case they ever catch on..

a true proof 67 cameo flyer that is in my minds eye original and strongly cameoed with great eye appeal and of course 67+ to my minds eye

i would say $100,000.00+ easy...........................................