• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So called dollar? I have 2 variations of this one. help please

4 posts in this topic

I have the one shown as an attachment here. It looks/feels to be silver or something!?

I also have another one that is identical But it appears to be made possibly of copper or even bronze.

anyone have any info on these?

273197-sidea.JPG.1b6a38d56f53ba30231c11fe70caa236.JPG

I have the one that you are showing and mine is copper. I don't believe this falls under the so-called dollar category, I have always placed it under the exposition medal category. Mine is at least as nice or even significantly nicer, going simply by your pair of images, and I bought it for $25.

I just looked up some information I have on this piece for you and it comes in three metals; nickel, copper and gilt copper. Bronze specimens are also known. They were struck with US Mint machinery on the Philadelphia Exposition grounds and were designed by Albin Polasek. The copper variety seems to be the rarest and the values range from $20 in EF to $60 in MS.