• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How about a Grade and Value Buffalo Nickel?

8 posts in this topic

The pics are a little dark so it may be hiding light rub...however if I had to guess I'd say 63. The typically soft strike (around five cents) keeps it from 64.

I think it's a nice looking Buffalo there Jim. I'm gonna have to go with an MS63 due to what looks like a little rub on the Buffs head and high back. Probably about $40.00 value.

I felt the coin was graded a little high(one grade), ANACS slabbed this coin MS65 and it has averaged, in this grade, $135 in the last three auctions I have found with a similiar struck and graded coin. I made an offer on an AU58 with a fantastic strike obv/rev without any coloring which detracts a little, but I think a far more attractive coin than this MS65. Hopefully, I will get it. Below is a photo of it(I know it doesn't have the color, but I like it). This is the only year of the Buffalo I truly like so I have several of them in AU/MS in varying grades. I hope to one day get the 1917 T1 Standing Liberty Quarter that I want(its the only SLQ that I like also). These are just coins I like to look at, and are not part of any collection.

1913Buff2.jpg

I like this one too Jim. It looks to not have as much detail on the tail hip area as the other tho'. Of course, that may be the toning on the other bringing those details out better!