• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

all this talk of modern commems what about the early commems?

12 posts in this topic

what do you think of the early commems?

are they good deals or bad deals?

why are most of the coins not hot in trhis market?

why are some to most really good deals?

are they histroical and fun to collect and will they have their day in the sun so to speak?

or not?

comments?

michael

So, a year or more ago, dealers started to hoard early commems for a big promotion. Still haven't seen it. What's the scoop? Of course, higher promotion = higher prices while the product is still being promoted. That is why I am amazed that those WI extra leaf quarters in ms 67 went for nearly five grand since it is old news.

p.s. I collect modern dollar commems and have seen no mention of them anywhere.

Where the heck do you find all of these toners, Hayden? That is a nice Columbian. Afterall, being bicycle bound does limit your traveling.

i love all early commems cloud9.gif

and if you keep the modern commems MAKE SURE YOU GOT ALL OF THE ORIGINAL PACKAGING AND ALL ORIGINAL PAPERWORK COA ETC. thumbsup2.gif

without it you are up sh*ts creek 893whatthe.gif

and the ultimate early commem is the isabella quarter thumbsup2.gif get one of those choice to gem monsdter killer toned and you are set for life hail.gif

Victor this post is from 2003 gossip.gif

893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif

Why you sneaky dead-thread-resurrecting somabeeach!

27_laughing.gif

Victor this post is from 2003 gossip.gif

893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif

Why you sneaky dead-thread-resurrecting somabeeach!

27_laughing.gif

grin.gif

I didn't even notice. And it didn't get nary a reply back then. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Classic Commem's are "Hot". Folks throw sheet price out the window when nice ones come up for auction. This Boone was my first Classic Commem purchase. Picked this baby up from Wayne Herndon. I'm sure glad I did!!! grin.gif

Img18099.jpg