• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

About those missing world census reports . . .

10 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

We resequenced the world census reports last week, and the online report is still catching up. Some of the countries starting with letter S and all those higher than S are currently missing, but we hope to have them back in place soon.

There a maybe a half dozen or so Chinese panda coins that I've had graded over the last two years that don't show up in the population reports yet some others like the just released olympic coins do show up. Are those inconsistencies a backlog that will get5 cleared some day or should I be reporting them?

- link

Regarding the issue of world coins, new issues require manual inputing of a corresponding processing number. This is a labor-intensive process, and it's proceeding on a priority basis. Britain received a complete updating about three years ago, and it hasn't yet come back to the top of the batting order. Coin issues that already have processing numbers will continue to update automatically, but anything new will be on hold until we can get back to Britain.

Countries recently updated include South Africa, Guatemala, Belize, El Salvador, Nicaragua, Hungary (since 1848) and Norway.

There are *STILL* so many missing coins from the world coin populations, it's absolutely useless. Coins in NGC holders that I've had for years aren't showing up.

It's amazing how after all this time and continuous complaints, that NGC still doesn't consider this to be a high enough priority to actually FIX the data.

I posted a list of coins I owned that were missing from the NGC pop reports back in January (almost a year ago):

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Board=3&Number=1551802&Searchpage=1&Main=85735&Words=+CoinPictures&topic=0&Search=true#Post1551802

A year later and half of those coins still do not show up in the population reports.

Neither of my British early PL pieces show up. Worse, NGC does not list ANY 19th-century Liberian patterns in the population reports, despite there being hundreds that NGC has certified. This is especially annoying as this is an area I collect.

- link

Regarding the issue of world coins, new issues require manual inputing of a corresponding processing number. This is a labor-intensive process, and it's proceeding on a priority basis. Britain received a complete updating about three years ago, and it hasn't yet come back to the top of the batting order. Coin issues that already have processing numbers will continue to update automatically, but anything new will be on hold until we can get back to Britain.

Countries recently updated include South Africa, Guatemala, Belize, El Salvador, Nicaragua, Hungary (since 1848) and Norway.

You know, I understand that updating the world census may be a "time-consuming" process, but that's only because they don't have their software talking to each other. If you can look up a cert. number, but don't see it in the census, there's really almost no reason why you can't buy software that will port the numbers and grades over to the census.

Also, I'm willing to bet that some countries are more popular than others (e.g., Canada, Mexico, Britain, France, Australia). Why aren't those countries updated more frequently than less popular (in terms of # of collectors) countries?

I agree - this is extremely frustrating. I appreciate all NGC offers us (this chat boards in particular) - but come on. This is becoming a customer service issue.