• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kennedy's

2 posts in this topic

I very often go to the bank and purchase boxes of half dollars and go through them for errors ,silver, and such. I have done pretty well even finding some nice Walking Liberty's and a couple 1974-D DDO-001's.

Which brings me to my question(s)

1. Where can I find "The Kennedy Half Dollar Book" EVERYONE seems to be sold out.

and

2. How is it I am finding Proof issues and also dates 2002 and later in these boxes?

I am finding enough of them to make me think it just isn't some kids taking their parents collection for candy.

If you are referring to James Wiles' book, I was able to get a proof copy from J.T. Stanton since it was published by his former company. It is spiral-bound with one of those plastic spines. It doesn't have a hard cover, but that doesn't matter to me. I don't know if he has any more copies, but you can contact JT by e-mail: JTSTANTON@aol.com

I usually search a couple dozen of the $500 boxes every year. Occasionally, you will find 2002-2007 Kennedy's that originally came from Mint bags & rolls which have been cherrypicked for the better specimens with the rest being put into circulation via the bank. From time to time, I have also found proof halves in these boxes, but it is just speculation as to how they got there.

Chris