• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wrapping Text in coin descriptions

9 posts in this topic

When I open the "Coin Details" page for a coin a have in my registry with a long description, the text just goes off the side of the screen. The website doesn't autowrap the text unless the text block is very large and I don't even get a scroll bar at the bottom of the page to view the rest of the description. Either way it is impossible for me to see large parts of the description. Is this a problem with the site? Is the maximum width set to high? If so, why don't I get a left/right scroll bar? Is anyone else having this problem?

when you click on the certification number and get the popup with the descriptive text that you put in and the enlarged coin image.

since i'm here, i also want to point out that this is problematical if you want to printout the popup, which is something i used to do while creating a record of my coins. now, i'll have to edit each one with returns in strategic places to get it to all fit in withint the popup frame...unless of course, ngc will correct this.

Could you let me know for which coin your description is not 'wrapping'?

The text isn't wrapping on the "coin details" page. As MikeKing said, it's the "pop up" page that shows all the information for a particular coin in the registry. The text doesn't seem to wrap for any coin in any set.

Sorry for the delay in my response. Things are crazy around here with the end of the semester and this is the first opportunity I've taken in a while to surf the boards.

Thanks for responding, MikeKing! I look forward to seeing what comes of it.

update email I recieved from them:

Hello Michael,

Thank you for your report. Our technical team is working on this and it should be fixed soon. We will contact you by email when the issue has been resolved.