• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

recently read somewhere...

12 posts in this topic

The really good stuff never shows up on dealer's websites or price lists because it's sold before they get a chance to list it.

If you are a student of numismatics and have read 4 decades worth of auction catalogs, you can definitely lend this statement some credence.

I bought a 1921s buffalo last show after two years of looking for the right coin. Full date and a nice crusty FINE. For me this is the GOOD STUFF.

"It's all relative." -Albert Einstein

most all of the time and especially so in this current market

the good stuff gets sold/placed with want list customer's before it ever hits the website/price listing

Somewhere I read, when speaking of collectible coins, "all the good stuff is gone". What do YOU think?

I think I have heard that same quote for 35 years so obviously all of the great collections and registry sets that claim to have been built since then must all be figments of our imagination.