• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FUN show

13 posts in this topic

I was just wondering how many of you folks have gone to or are going to the FUN show in January? I will be going for the first time this upcoming year and was wondering if you guys, and gals, have any pointers for this mammoth show? Is it as good as I am imagining? Fortunately, I live in upon how many times the radar detector goes off. Any do's and don'ts? I've been o the funtopics.com website, but they have very little up yet, and Heritage is vague on the auction portion. Can I expect a good auction there? Any help is extremely appreciated as always..

Thanks. makepoint.gif

I was there last year and met up with several forum members. It was a great show, one of the largest of the year. Heritage always has a large auction there and of course whether you like it depends on what you collect and what they have for sell. I plan on being back there again in 04.

The folks across the street has a nice party for the forum members. I gave up asking here after about 4 or 5 times. devil.gif

• Administrator

We are having a get-together on Friday at FUN for Message board and registry folks. It will be held from 1-3pm so keep that block of time open grin.gif

The email invitation will go out soon.

Oh...and I almost forgot...

Irish Mike,

makepoint.gif

I'll be there.... I'll have my own booth this time. It cost me a bundle, but since I now live in Florida the travel expenses will be a bit less. Sort of a break even situation. hi.gif

I will be attending FUN in 2004. I went in 2003 and had a fantastic time, met quite a few people, and was completely overwhelmed by the amount of coins. I spent three full days there and still don't know if I saw everything there was to see! shocked.gif

Also, thanks for the get together Dena! I'll look forward to it....

I really wanted to be there, but a new job opportunity came up that I couldn't pass by, so no vacation until April. frown.gif

...and you didn't work that into the contract. makepoint.gifinsane.gif

There is a chance I may go, but it depends a great deal on what is happening at work at the time. The show is right near one of our industry's biggest shows. While I do not go to our shows, marketing will usually pile on lots of poorly thought out work on us right before they go to magically finish before they present it.

Neil