• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Signing up ATS...what's the deal?

32 posts in this topic

I decided to join ATS yesterday and after you enter your info, a screen appears and tells you that you need to get approved before being allowed on their forum. That was yesterday morning. Still have not heard from them. Is this normal procedure? Why do they make it so darned difficult to join a forum? WTF

Anyone else have to wait to join?

All I want is a little VAM info on a Peace $ that I do not think I can get over here.

I've heard it can take up to a week to get approved.

They do it to help prevent alt-IDs and shills from joining. It really makes no difference and they are fooling themselves if they think it does.

I believe they instituted this approval process around the time they started to censor the users.

Your just mad becuase they don't love you like we do ;)

They love me, but that's just because they just don't recognize my 15-20 alt-IDs. :D

I believe they instituted this approval process around the time they started to censor the users.

Your just mad becuase they don't love you like we do ;)

They love me, but that's just because they just don't recognize my 15-20 alt-IDs. :D

They don't call you evil for nothing! ;)

Don't worry MBA, you'll only be able to keep the ID for a week or two before they boot you off anyways.

Hopefully that will be enough time to get my VAM question answered. meh

They just want time to be sure it's not an alt and I don't blame them for that.

They also don't want folks that might trash PCGS with truth or opinion.

Well a week is about how long it took for my alt to get approved, and in your case Thanksgving is falling in that week as well. I would think approval should be coming along shortly.

Well it looks like they must have a spy over here. Yesterday morning in this thread was the first time I admitted publicly that I had an alt ATS. Yesterday afternoon I was banned again.

Well it looks like they must have a spy over here. Yesterday morning in this thread was the first time I admitted publicly that I had an alt ATS. Yesterday afternoon I was banned again.

I've been told that PCGS employees actively read these forums. I was told this by the actual employee! :o Of course I've also been told that NGC / ICG / ANACS employees also read the competition's forums.

True, but I didn't mention who my alt was. They must really dislike me over there to go through all that trouble to figure out who it was just so they could ban me again. I hadn't even posted anything except PM's for the past four months. Oh well, it's their loss not mine. Even though there is so much bad and/or incomplete advise bandied about over there, especially to newbies, I don't think I will bother with another alt. (All that poor information was why I created the alt last time. Now the newbies will just have to learn on their own.)

It is possible to get an ALT ID over there but you will need to sign in from a different computer ipn address and different email. But even then if you go back to your own computer they will remember your ipn and still block you. They are one of the toughest forums to find a back door into once someone has been kicked out. You would think they consider a lot of the obnoxious people over there an endangered species.

The good news is a different ipn can get you in. The bad news is they are a really shrewd group over there and can spot an alt ID so be careful. Prob is you will feel inhibited to express what you would like.

I just find it somewhat humorus that ATS I always tried not to be insulting or crude, I stayed out of flame wars, and I did my best to answer peoples questions completely and accurately. And I am considered to be an undesirable. :D

OK I admit I never hid the fact that I don't like TPG's. :)

Now it makes me think that I should never have started this thread, for it appears to have gotten me banned before even joining! lol

Unless my approval is still pending, but after 10 days I am starting to think that I have been dis-approved. :cry:

They know that one bad apple spoils the bunch Dave.....so yes you have been banned before being approved lol

Should I be proud? And the other question is: Am I the first? :grin:

I have been looking as some of the threads ATS and it is rather funny how many people ATS bash NGC and hate everything about them from their grading to their slabs. And the coin doesn't matter.