• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Value Question for....Please

6 posts in this topic

Not much of a premium on these over a 69 for an NGC coin. Too many out there or soon will be. Can't tell them apart from the 69's. As far as I am concerned 70 is a nonsense grade. Why pay a premium for it at all?

Not much of a premium on these over a 69 for an NGC coin. Too many out there or soon will be. Can't tell them apart from the 69's. As far as I am concerned 70 is a nonsense grade. Why pay a premium for it at all?

How long have you been collecting these now? Have you been in them since they were issued? I'm always looking for info on coins much like the originator of the thread and am curious if you have more information on them. What is the grade distribution of the original coins? Is it only the best coins being submitted or are people sending in all of these? What percentage of the 69's and 70's do you think are misgraded so far? Are you familiar with any varieties on these? How common are they?

I have an NGC ms 70 1988 Olympic $5 gold that I paid $350 for about a year ago. In ms 69 it is only worth half that. If I had it to do again, I'd have bought two different half eagles in ms 69 for the price of one ms 70.