• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Update !! Fake or real mintmark on 1932-D quarter ?

34 posts in this topic

FWIW, he was going through my coins and spotted a fake $5 Indian Gold. After looking at the die marks and edges, it was determined to be a well made copy from Syria struck from real gold planchets with about the same composition as the original.

That one is being sent back today.

the feedback on the sellers ebay is horable. he attacks the buyers selling. what a low life. i have added him to my block list so i dont ever have to deal.

Sounds like you owe them an apology.... And what the heck are you doing buying 'Raw' coins on Ebay!!!! Not to mention, complaining about it on NGC's forum?????

Do yourself a favor and only buy coins certified by NGC or PCGS. And... inspect them in person before you buy (at a show, dealer shop, etc..). Believe me, I learned the hard way too!

Sounds like you owe them an apology.... And what the heck are you doing buying 'Raw' coins on Ebay!!!! Not to mention, complaining about it on NGC's forum?????

Do yourself a favor and only buy coins certified by NGC or PCGS. And... inspect them in person before you buy (at a show, dealer shop, etc..). Believe me, I learned the hard way too!

Buying raw coins on ebay is perfectly fine. I do it, and have got many nice coins. Just because a coin is raw does not make it a dog.