• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How do you fill your Danscos??

7 posts in this topic

Do you purchase all your coins to fill holes in your Danscos? What about the latter years, say 70's to present? I usually just look for most of those thru pocket change. I have danscos for my lincolns, jeffersons, and roosevelts. Most of my lincolns that I have left will have to be purchased, along with some jeffs and roosies, but I still have a lot of latter years to fill. So how do you go about filling yours?? Do you try for MS coins? I'm kind of interested on how others fill thiers. thanks for sharing!

Well, I got most of mine from mint and proof sets. I am trying for MS coins. If I find good examples in my change then I will pull it if I don't have it. For my Roosies, I have been purchasing MS66 coins on Heritage and Ebay.

The bad thinkg about breaking out my sets is now I have to buy more to replace them.

For my two type sets I normally buy graded and crack them out.

Latter year coins definitely come from pocket change. That is one way to keep in touch with the older, time-honored ways of collecting.

If I'm not mistaken, every cent, nickel, and dime non-proof in my Danscos dated after 1964 have come from pocket change, and I do take the time to upgrade when possible. It's remarkable how high a grade of coins you can still find, even going back to the 1960s.

I strongly encourage any and all collectors not to overlook this wonderful way to stay in touch with the purest, true spirit of collecting.

I just buy them already full. lol lol lol

Chris

Now where's the fun in that Chris? (shrug)

I go through them to see what coins I should upgrade and work from there. It saves a lot of time, and I can concentrate more on the harder-to-find specimens.

Do you think Dansco will ever make an album for the 3,000+ VAM's?

Chris