• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

$5 Gold Liberty

2 posts in this topic

I submitted a $5 liberty Quarter Eagle to NGC for grading and it was returned due to a clean and unfortunately unnoticed circular scratch around the near outer reverse of the coin. Very concentric and even, yet not too overly detracting from the appearance. In general, I would guess this to be an MS-62 with exception to this finely detailed concentric circular mark. Too bad, as it precludes NGC from grading it. Would this be a coin that might be graded as to details by NCS ???. I believe it is a 1904. Any input would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Bignut

Your coin does sound like a good candidate for NCS Details grading. Your coin would be authenticated and given a grade of its details or a grade ignoring the surface problem, then a description of that surface problem. When you submit this coin, include the NGC no grade tag to get a discount on the NCS fees.

Chris, NCS