• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New Seated Quarter.... New photo added...

10 posts in this topic

What are your thoughts on this coin? I grade the coin EF 45. What would you grade it? Like the look of it? This is for my raw type set. This coin is a cool date if you ask me. Your thoughts??

1840o.jpg

New Photo...

1840o1.jpg

I got this coin to match my other quarter next to it.

1854sq.jpg

Perhaps its just the photo, but the coin looks to "black" to my eye, and given the level of detail would be concerned that a prior cleaning or toning bordering on evnronmental damage has impared the luster.

Personally, I would grade/value the coin AU details, damaged, net XF.

I do like the date, and the strike, and the details on the coin, but it is a coin I would, personally, pass on.

Thanks for sharing and respectfully submitted...Mike

I'd say that the 1839 quarter has AU sharpness, but the surfaces do not look original. Without offending I'm hoping that the color was not added to hide something.

Here is the “No Drapery” quarter from my collection. It is in an NGC AU-58 holder, and I agree with the grade.

1839QuarterO.jpg1839QuarterR.jpg

Bill Honesty is best.Your quarter is nice. I am not sure weather the color was added, but I do not see any surface problems. Maybe I should submit and see what NGC or PCGS says about the coin.

Good evening again.

I don't know if the "seated coin" thread is dead or not...but thought I would share a couple more. Hope you don't mind and also hope these pictures don't come out as big as a city block. I'm still none too swift with this "high tech" new fangled photo stuff....as you can probably tell...but it beats watching TV!

RI AL

seated4obv.jpg

seated4rev.jpg