• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

more world registry sets coming?

2 posts in this topic

There has been a HUGE influx of world coin collectors these last few years, mainly due to rising economic conditions in other countries, as well as US collectors being priced out of the market in US coins. As a result, there has been much activitity in the world coin market. As the leader in world coin grading, i'm surprised to see that NGC hasn't stayed with or ahead of PCGS with world coin registries for collectors. In light of many large auctions featuring NGC world coins, and the upcoming Goldberg world coin 'Millenia' auction that is ALL NGC coins, one would think that it would be good for marketing to introduce many new world coin issue registry sets.

Personally, the Great Britain sets would be a welcome improvement, and specifically Queen Victorian Crowns (among other sets) would be great. Hopefully, NGC can step up to the plate with this move, as I know for a fact that some of my peers are switching their world coin grading over to PCGS just to use their competitive world registry sets.

any new competitive world sets slated to be introduced soon?

feel free to reach me should you have any questions, or would like my input on which sets may garner the most set user interest.

Regards,

Doug - a loyal NGC fan

NGC plans to introduce more World Sets this coming year. We would like to introduce those that you have recommended, and any others that are drawing a large interest.

In the meantime, most of our World Collectors have developed Signature Sets for their World collections. Included in these are Dominican Republic, Australia, Asia, Great Britain, South Africa, New Zealand, Singapore, France - to name a few.

We appreciate your input.