• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Can someone please provide an image/link/info for 1944-D/S FS-021 Lincoln cent?

7 posts in this topic

James, the market appears to have become quite volatile in the last 12 months for this coin. The one pictured sold for $920 on 11/05/2007 as an NGC MS66 while a PCGS MS65 sold for $4600 on 9/28/2007. For the last 18 months the PCGS coins have outsold NGC coins by 10 times!!!! amazing. I would not guess a price value right now for a PCGS coin above MS64, but would figure an MS65 NGC would bring around $650 to $900 according to its clarity and coloring. JMO.

i'm sure you know there's a big difference in the 2 varieties of this coin. the one pictured there is FS21 (#2), the less dramatic, less desired variety. still a great coin.. $900+ apparently.

but the $4600 PCGS mentioned has to be the FS20, the one in the redbook, it's mighty rare in full red................

i'm sure you know there's a big difference in the 2 varieties of this coin. the one pictured there is FS21 (#2), the less dramatic, less desired variety. still a great coin.. $900+ apparently.

but the $4600 PCGS mentioned has to be the FS20, the one in the redbook, it's mighty rare in full red................

McKinley, thanks. That is indeed one of the things I learned via the kindness of a board member. I appreciate your input as well.

My apologies in regards to the "market analysis" of PCGS vs NGC. As Heritage nor PCGS notated the FS rating and NGC did I goofed. Should have done a little better research. Again, my apologies.