• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Post a Seated Coin

91 posts in this topic

This is one of two coins that I've acquired from TomB. It is even more gorgeous in hand and looks better than most proofs!

47401-smiley.jpg.a5a03dd91cbfa06233d408e2f84648d5.jpg

47403-1879laterallighting.jpg.7488be1f46330079c3a573970c9535f8.jpg

47404-1879lightdirectedoffofceiling.jpg.339da77531290b0a5800943d14e96659.jpg

Mike, a wonderful coin. Beautiful Seated Liberty coins all. Nice toning on some. WOW

Here is an 1871 Seated Liberty Dollar MS 62

I love the Seated Libery Coins

Rey

1871SeatedLibertyMS62Obv2.jpg

1871SeatedLibertyMS62Rev2.jpg

I like the way your proof Seated quarter "flashes" color, Bill. This is something you see quite often on attractively toned proof coinage.

Bill, that’s 1874 quarter is awesome! :cloud9:

That’s a tough coin to find in a proof at any grade.

Do you think it should have a cameo designation? From the photos there appears to be no glossy spots on any of the devices.

It’s really something what a little change in lighting angles can do to a coin; it helps a lot to imagine the coin in hand seeing both photos. (thumbs u

Bill, that’s 1874 quarter is awesome! :cloud9:

That’s a tough coin to find in a proof at any grade.

Do you think it should have a cameo designation? From the photos there appears to be no glossy spots on any of the devices.

It’s really something what a little change in lighting angles can do to a coin; it helps a lot to imagine the coin in hand seeing both photos. (thumbs u

No, the 1874 quarter does not have enough contrast to rate a "cameo.” You have to remember that the bright pretty image is the coin’s “best side.” At other angles it looks like the “brown” photo. hm

I have an 1869 Proof-63 dollar that PCGS called "Cameo." That one has some cameo on the obverse, but nothing on the reverse. In fact the toning on the reverse is only so-so. The coin is very original, but not quite a PR-64. I think PCGS gave it the cameo as an "honorable mention" PR-63. It was sort of like a “*” for an NGC coin.