• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Are any dealers buying at the Baltimore show??

6 posts in this topic

I would expect most every dealer would welcome the chance to look through coins for sale and to possibly buy those coins of interest. Also, walking coins around a floor such as Baltimore can give someon significant insight into how liquid a niche market truly is at that point in time.

I would estimate that at least 50-percent of the dealers in Baltimore have signs that say "We're Buying." Also, all the major auction houses will be there as well as Littleton Coin Company, who goes to these shows just to buy.

Bring the goods... have some fun... I love Charm City!!

Scott :hi:

...walking coins around a floor such as Baltimore can give someon significant insight into how liquid...

I have not been able to find a good leash for my coins...most of which are dogs. Walking them around is fine but I don't want them getting lost, or fighting with other coins, or swiping hot dogs from the food vendor. As for the liquid part, I’ll take them outside.

And are shows a good time for a collector to hawk thier collections?

I've always toyed with the idea that when I am ready to liquidate my collection that I will rent a table at a MAJOR bourse known for good retail business and sell as any as possible retail and maybe wholesale as a last resort.

Which brings to mind the question: Which shows do the best retail business? Long Beach? Baltimore?