• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

"American Liberty Series" Labels

9 posts in this topic

Can we PLEASE stop with the special labels? There are so dang many types of labels being used within the same set, especially the American Eagles. Is it too much to ask that we keep the labels pretty consistent so I can have a set of coins that actually looks like a set? I want my sets to look cohesive and that's really hard if every other freaking coin has a different label design! :mad:

Free enterprise, third world grading services, self-slabbers & collecting junkies are probably to blame for this. Stop the world, I want to get off!

Chris

Can we PLEASE stop with the special labels? There are so dang many types of labels being used within the same set, especially the American Eagles. Is it too much to ask that we keep the labels pretty consistent so I can have a set of coins that actually looks like a set? I want my sets to look cohesive and that's really hard if every other freaking coin has a different label design! :mad:
I read this and started to think... would I buy a special label? Well... I just flipped a 2006-W PCGS PF69DCAM First Strike Gold Buffalo that sold for $20 more than a similar coin without the First Strike label. But that's as a seller, what about as a buyer?

Then I read Chris's post:

Free enterprise, third world grading services, self-slabbers & collecting junkies are probably to blame for this. Stop the world, I want to get off!
Then I thought, am I a collecting junkie? I have a lot of collections that I like and a few that I am considering selling. But where does that leave me?

Finally, there's carson city, our favorite CAC basher:

Buy the coin, not the holder or label. Be careful what you wish for---you might get it !
And all I can say... :devil:

47124-Bicentennial-Set.jpg.24d8db0af7b02673b788cca9e63ee3b9.jpg

Scott, I didn't bother to mention that there is nothing wrong with being a collecting junkie within certain parameters. I'm one, too! The ones I'm referring to are the "I've-gotta-have-it-no-matter-what-the-cost-because-it-will-never-be-on-HSN-again!" type.

Chris

Scott, I didn't bother to mention that there is nothing wrong with being a collecting junkie within certain parameters. I'm one, too! The ones I'm referring to are the "I've-gotta-have-it-no-matter-what-the-cost-because-it-will-never-be-on-HSN-again!" type.

Chris

Chris... it's didn't bother me. Really! I was in a "let's have a little reverse fun" mood!! :baiting:

Scott :devil: