• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Post a coin that You absolutely Know will sticker... thnx R Brown

27 posts in this topic

I posted this coin with a request of opinions and Rey had an Idea to start a thread of coins we thought were a lock for a sticker.

Well I think it's a great Idea.

So if you got a lock then please post and state your case :popcorn:

I will start with the Morgan I posted in another thread.

rat.png

ratrev.png

rat4.png

My 1810 O-107 is probably one of the nicest 1810's you will ever see in any grade. And it is under graded, so it would get stickered. But selling this at auction to a bunch of Bust Nuts would probably bring as much money as any sticker would, so there is no point.

100_0780.jpg

100_0782.jpg

I don't have any that are a "lock" to be stickered because none of them would ever be submitted. I don't need someone to tell me what I'm supposed to like or dislike.

Sorry!

Chris

I don't plan on getting anything stickered... BUT if I had to pick one of my coins as a "LOCK" that I think should "sticker"... It would be this one... although I don't know if they'd "sticker" an AU coin or not... Ain't this a beauty ! :banana:

1853Trimewithgrade.jpg

For me this would be my first choice if I were to consider submitting a coin to CAC. 1835 Capped Bust Lettered Edge Quarter Dollar Graded MS 64 B-2 by NGC. Excellent condition, great lustre, strong strike and overall very nice eye appeal in my opinion.

None graded higher by NGC, not sure about PCGS.

Rey

1835CappedBustCappedBustLetteredEdg.jpg

1835CappedBustLetteredEdgeB2MS64Rev.jpg

I think we both know a sticker is a waste of time with that coin Ron........if there is any collector or non collector that can't tell that coin is a mega moose without a sticker then they are blind and won't see the sticker anyway (worship)

Nice coins ever one!!! :cloud9:

And some good thoughts about this thread too.

As I look at my own coins I find it easy to think they’re all great, after all I selected them myself… (shrug)

But actually, when it comes time to speak objectively and define the quality, I find that in reality, the coins that might be.... very small in quantity.

All righty then, nuff of that, eh. :P

Here’s some coins! (they speak for tem selfs)

1962-half.jpg

1883-HALF-REFLECT.jpg

I think we both know a sticker is a waste of time with that coin Ron........if there is any collector or non collector that can't tell that coin is a mega moose without a sticker then they are blind and won't see the sticker anyway (worship)

Shane - Could you make me a "Moose" sticker?? :cool:

Here you go Ron.

:grin:

16_3_168.gif

81-SMooseSlab-1Moose.gif

Wow, Pat,MBA, Mike K, Richard,Rey,Paul,Ron, Mike, and anyone I might have missed those are some very nice coins. :applause:

Sy, that is one sweet coin. :cloud9: (thumbs u

These are no brainers:

1885 PCGS PR65 Cameo Quarter: does not have a single hairling on it, gorgeous toning, cameo with a slight staple scratch at 11:00 on the obverse.

1886 PCGS PR66 3CN: gorgeous, gorgeous coin with no flaws and beautiful, even glacier-blue toning on each side.

1879 PCGS MS64 half: Fully proof-like, eye-appealing toning, no noticable flaws, should be a 65 easily.

47131-1885SeatedQuarterObverse-ReverseMerged.jpg.e4c9a3ad0b39d14a59e6edd9818af80a.jpg

47132-18863CN.jpg.126928717d27a273c37c081f2bda8d47.jpg

47133-1879SeatedLibertyHalf.jpg.2a744e5eb804ccb0ac0c23bbce066480.jpg

I think that can be arranged....

moose.jpg

:banana: :banana: :banana:

most of my coin buying of US coinage is done by being very choosy in the first place. I have lots of 65's stuck in 64 holders.......and they'll stay in those holders. I don't compete for registry points and I have no plans to sell them, so the grades on the plastic thingies doesn't really matter to me.. I'll leave that worry for whomever wins the battle to claim my estate......