• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

This is my one coin I think the CAC would give me a sticker for...

12 posts in this topic

Pat,

First of all a very nice looking Morgan, but as some of the recent posts have pointed out some of us are not to good at grading. Based on the images though it appears to me to be a very nicely struck Morgan and although I can not determine the Deep Cameo appearance from the images I would venture to guess that this coin is at least a PCGS 65 or 66. and perhaps deep cameo. Just my opinion.

By the way, I think the idea of a post of coins folks think may CAC sticker would be interesting.

thanks, for sharing

Rey

Hard to tell from the straight on shot like this but I would say MS64...maybe even an MS65 if held in hand.....pretty clean and pretty coin but I can't judge if it's sticker worthy without seeing the holder (thumbs u

If it's in a 64 holder then I think it's worthy of the sticker......if it's in a 65 holder....no sticker

I would put it at 64, and I am not going to give an opinion on the sticker because I refuse. That is just getting ridiculous - first I have to grade it and then try and decide if the grade is good? I call BS, and please don't ever ask us again to determine if a coin is worthy of a sticker or not, and that goes for everyone.

It seems to have quite a few dings on the obverse rim between 12 & 3 o'clock. I think CAC would send it back in a Snicker's wrapper.

Chris

I agree on the hits on the obverse detracting from its total grade however it is a pretty nice strike for an "O" mint coin. Congrats

I really dont give a 'hoot' about stickers .. oopps sorry HOOT :)

If coins were graded as I understand they used to be then I would give it a grade of MS 63/64.

If I was forced to give it one grade then that would bring the entire coin to a MS63

I could care less about the sticker and the different opinions here show that the sticker concept is B.S.