• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Japan 1868-1869 (Meiji Era) Gold Nibu-Kin

5 posts in this topic

I've always wanted to buy a japanese coin and I realize these are pretty common and popular but despite this I want to buy one anyway.

I made another thread a couple of months ago about wanting to buy one of these from clark smith, but he was all sold out. He told me he now has one left, and will hold it to me until thursday. I'm still going to get it, but I'm a bit concerned because a well known member on the forum told me to watch out for fakes. There are alot of them...

These coins are like a bar shaped ingot, therefore I don't know if they can be certified? Since Clark Smith is a professional numismatist I think he would be able to spot a counterfeit.

Should I be safe buying one from this person?

but I'm a bit concerned because a well known member on the forum told me to watch out for fakes. There are alot of them...

Weren't you freaked out about fakes before?

This should be on the world forum.

Question answered...

" All coins have a lifetime guarantee on authenticity to the original purchaser. Return policy: You can return any coin purchased directly on our website for up to 30 days after purchase for any reason (except for items priced near bullion value). Items with authenticity issues must be labeled as not genuine by an organization such as PCGS, ANACS, NGC, or an expert we recognize.

"