• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

~Coins removed from eBay~~~~WHY?

14 posts in this topic

Dear schatzyjr,

You recently listed the following listing:

290175689340 - ~2006-D Nebraska NGC Graded MS-68 SMS CHEAP LOW SHIP~

290175691011 - 2006-P Roosevelt Dime PCGS MS-68 Satin Finish N/R

290175686105 - ~2000-P Maryland PCGS Graded MS-66 CHEAP LOW SHIP~

290175688030 - 2005-P California Quarter PCGS MS-69 Satin Finish N/R

The listing was removed because it violated the eBay Counterfeit Currency and Stamps policy. All fees related to this listing have been credited to your account. We also notified members who placed bids on the item that the listing has

been canceled.

eBay does not permit the sale of currency that is improperly described, fraudulent or counterfeit. As such, sellers of coins or paper money are required to disclose information about the authenticity of any items listed, including any information

regarding alterations or other information which may have a material impact on the value of the item listed.

Sellers may only list a coin as ?certified,? if it has been certified by one of the following authorized grading companies:

- Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC)

- Numismatic Conservation Services (NCS)

- Professional Coin Grading Service (PCGS)

- Independent Coin Grading (ICG)

- ANACS

[font:Comic Sans MS]Well I emailed eBay today and ask them whats up!!

I don't understand what I did wrong, :pullhair: I take a picture of every coin I sell

and make to so the buyer can read the certification number!!

I so glad that let other people sell counterfeit coins but remove mine for being NGC and PCGS graded.

I am sorry but I think this is just complete :censored:!!

I let you know what eBay says!![/font]

Did you have a full picture of both the front and back of the slab? Did you enter in the info into their system to show the insert number, strike characteristics, etc?

Interesting ...

So now you have to show the certification number on Ebay. Looks like those who want to build a great registry set will be able to pick their coins for free.

Why bother with the registry any more? An honest person pays big bucks to buy the coins while others can go on line get serial numbers for higher grade coins for nothing. What's the use?

amen! i agree that it sucks, but if you regester the coin then sell it they couldnt do that! it sucks to have to add many coins that will just be sold but i hate free loading number steelers. i wonder what braught this on? was it ebay saying this doesnt look fair or is it the thieves crying that they cant steel the number when they block it.

has any1 complained to ngc about this? if we cant sell there slabs cause people are not buying just ading number to set. why sell there slabs. we are looseing money by listing this way now. the people that were buying were mainly collectors and now they have all the info they need to add and not buy.

i have just about every coin registered! even the ones im selling so that they cant add without buying.

I don't see what difference it makes adding the cert number. It's like buying a car... I want to VIN to verify the car has a clean title. For the coin, I would want to verify that the coin is eligible for the registry.

What eBay should do is make everyone enter the cert number for all certified coins and run that number against a database of stolen coins. Maybe this is something that PNG can work on with eBay? (see stolencoin.org)

Scott :hi:

ok i feel u on that checking note! i think if i just keep regestring the coins then sell them. then they can check the cert without being able to steal it. it is also a good way to know if they are happy with coin! once they try to regester it they have let you know they like it enough to put into set. there for no returns.

ok i feel u on that checking note! i think if i just keep regestring the coins then sell them. then they can check the cert without being able to steal it. it is also a good way to know if they are happy with coin! once they try to regester it they have let you know they like it enough to put into set. there for no returns.

[font:Comic Sans MS] Good Idea!!

Since selling on eBay, I have never had anyone return a coin.

PCGS and NGC speak for themselves!! [/font]

[font:Comic Sans MS] Do you really need the cert number on a modern coin. I could see if you selling a morgan or something. There would really be no need to counterfeit a modern coin, what to make 10 bucks. [/font]

Here is an email SchatzyJr kind of looks like spam but is about the same problem you are having.

Dear Valued Customer and fellow eBay member,

Recently eBay came up with a new policy for all people who sell coins on their site. We are glad that they are making efforts to reduce fraud, however, this policy in particular will put us, and other sellers, out of business and make it very difficult for the consumer to get low price certified coins on eBay. The policy is that every single coin listed needs to have a serial or certification number for the coin in the listing, in addition to a picture of that specific coin front and back, with its matching certification number. Normally we wouldn't bother you with eBay policies but I can tell you that this one will have a negative effect on the online coin industry as a whole. Although sellers like us sell tens of thousands of $'s worth of coins per month we are usually 1-2 man operations working on slim margins.

eBay is currently reviewing this new policy and we would ask that you please reply to this email with your eBay user ID so that I may compile and forward them directly to our account manager who is working on getting the policy changed. I can assure you this will in no way harm your account standing with eBay and that I will in no way alter or change any of the comments sent to me. In fact, if you do respond, when we send our email to eBay we will CC you as well so that everything is completely transparent.

We hope to continue to provide you all with high quality low price certified coins.

Best,

David Walch

Presidnet of Elite Numismatics Inc.

eBay user ID enicoin

enicoin@gmail.com

ABOUT THIS MESSAGE

Your privacy is important to us. You received this message because you

selected to join our newsletter during a previous purchase and/or

expressed interest in future email communications from us. We

appreciate that you have chosen to receive email from us so we can

keep you informed of deals and promotions as they happen. If you

received this message in error or do not wish to receive future email

from us, click on the link below to unsubscribe.

http://www.enicoin.com/iReferral/Control?m_rem=t&typ=2&veltid=1&v=32195&email=daddydickhead%40yahoo.com

You are currently subscribed as: daddydickhead@yahoo.com

Copyright 2007 Elite Numismatics. All Rights Reserved