• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Your grading thoughts, please.

7 posts in this topic

Good evening, guys.

I am attaching scans of this dollar, purchased some months ago at an online auction. I paid $35 and just bid on a whim. Anyway, it is in an SGS holder so forget the MS 68!!! However, I spent some time comparing it to my PCGS 1924 MS 65 and I find this one to be pretty darned close if not a shade better than the 1924. I would enjoy your thoughts on this one.

I am trying out a "new posting of pictures" technique and am going to try to cut out the holder and focus on the coin. Not sure how successful I'll be but I am envious of the beautiful coin-only pictures you guys post. There is a bit of sticker gunk at R in LIBERTY. Also, please overlook the usual cat hairs. Next time. it will be an Iguana...or maybe a pet snail. They don't shed...do they?? :>)

RI AL

peacedollarob.jpg

peacedollarrev.jpg

Wow. It looks like a real dog in these pictures (Peace Dollar). It sure looks awfully nice under my lamp magnifier. Maybe nothing looks too good at 600 pixel thingies...or maybe I should blow up the PCGS 65 dollar and study both in this size.

RI AL...avid collector...lousy photo taker...

Yes it looks like road kill in your pictures.....I would go with less dpi.....take it down from 600 to maybe 150 and it should remove a lot of the artifacts we are seeing....I see the hairs but it looks like there is kitty litter on the coin as well lol

Al, as I like to say - No one, no matter how expert, can consistently grade accurately from images. And those images make it difficult to get a good look at the coin. That said, my guess would be MS64.

Hello.

Thanks for the time to check out my "Road Kill" Peace dollar in the SGS slab as MS 68!! Though there is no kitty litter on the coin...yet...just fur... I've learned a valuable lesson that "less is more"...less pixels...better picture. I would like to try again at 150 pixels so please, guys, excuse me from taking up your valuable time while I'm in "learning mode". I still think it compares favorably to my PCGS 65, but I am sure enjoying learning from you all. Thanks again.

RI AL

peacedollarnewobv.jpg

peacedollarnewrev.jpg

Have a super Halloween.

Sorry, those images still don't allow for a good look at the coin. Hopefully it is more lustrous in person and I am slightly concerned about the light/white area at the center of Liberty's cheek - hopefully it is not slight wear.