• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CAC website up

47 posts in this topic

I am confused on a few points.

1.Is this seller going to provide a COA that this was the first CAC stickered coin offered on E bay?

2.CAC in their ad states that " the CAC sticker means premium quality". Does this mean that the PCGS MS coin in this ad is certified by them as meeting that particular grade or does the sticker certify that it is a better grade.

3.Why would I consider bidding on a coin that has a sticker in front of it?

This is tongue in cheek but I just don't see the benefit of the sticker and the Prices for their various tiers are a little out of line not to mention the fact that hey do not certify Modern coins.

The PQ coins that CAC is identifying are solid for the grade or better. It's a sad reflection on amount of dregs on the coin market that this definition is required.

For what it's worth, JA stated that he viewed appx 1,000 coins as of the afternoon and a good 75-80% were stickered. 4 coins were upgrades.

Tradedollarnut, I must say that if 75% - 80% of coins are PQ, I'm not sure how that supports your commentary regarding "It's a sad reflection on amount of dregs on the coin market ".

Can you please clarify this apparent contradiction? I might not be understanding the context here.

If people could submit 20 free coins then naturally they would submit their best which would skew any analysis about how many "dregs" are in holders.

The PQ coins that CAC is identifying are solid for the grade or better. It's a sad reflection on amount of dregs on the coin market that this definition is required.

For what it's worth, JA stated that he viewed appx 1,000 coins as of the afternoon and a good 75-80% were stickered. 4 coins were upgrades.

Tradedollarnut, I must say that if 75% - 80% of coins are PQ, I'm not sure how that supports your commentary regarding "It's a sad reflection on amount of dregs on the coin market ".

Can you please clarify this apparent contradiction? I might not be understanding the context here.

More likely than not, sophisticated collectors will be the ones to initially utilize CAC. Additionally, collectors tend to hand pick coins. Then they hand pick from their collection to get stickered. Of course one would expect a much higher percentage of stickering from double hand picked coins from sophisticated collectors.

• Administrator
Ebay: CAC stickered Mercury Dime

For those that are curious what the stickers look like......

Wow... I don't really have an opinion on the concept of the thing.... but that's a much bigger sticker than I thought. Yeesh. Can they really mean to cover up the reverse like that?

EDIT: Ah - I get it. Green thing is the sticker, red thing doesn't stay. Nevermind. Carry on.

Wow... I don't really have an opinion on the concept of the thing.... but that's a much bigger sticker than I thought. Yeesh. Can they really mean to cover up the reverse like that?

The reverse thingy is informational only and meant to be removed by the owner.

Arch, the permanent sticker is the (much) smaller green one on the upper right hand side of the front of the holder. And you are by no means the only one who was under the wrong impression from that Ebay listing.

31c2_1.JPG

I am confused on a few points.

1.Is this seller going to provide a COA that this was the first CAC stickered coin offered on E bay?

2.CAC in their ad states that " the CAC sticker means premium quality". Does this mean that the PCGS MS coin in this ad is certified by them as meeting that particular grade or does the sticker certify that it is a better grade.

3.Why would I consider bidding on a coin that has a sticker in front of it?

This is tongue in cheek but I just don't see the benefit of the sticker and the Prices for their various tiers are a little out of line not to mention the fact that hey do not certify Modern coins.

I agree with your point the CAC prices seem out of line. But considering how they have not disclosed this info up until now, I am not surprised.

If people could submit 20 free coins then naturally they would submit their best which would skew any analysis about how many "dregs" are in holders.

you shouldn't have any 'dregs'

WHOOPIE---who thinks this stuff up ?

Wait for it...

...wait for it...

The Sicker Pimps:

062007Bree.jpg

WHOOPIE---who thinks this stuff up ?

Wait for it...

...wait for it...

The Sticker Pimps:

062007Bree.jpg

I see, and it's no surprise, that TDN has failed to answer my question from yesterday.

does the CAC condone a seller getting a run of the mill every day common 10.00 dime labelled and then hyping it up on ebay and attempting to sell it for many times it's worth, using the CAC in the process?

Now Mr. Feld since you answered one of them....(Does that now mean that should be a 27.00 coin instead of a 17.00 one simply)

"Not to me, it shouldn't"

HUH?

It's "Premium" for the grade! It might be a lock upgrade!!!

But the higher sight-unseen bid levels because of that sticker as Greg stated...what about that?

One more question, would the person that submitted this coin be considered a sophisticated collector?