• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Should I Slab This Coin?

4 posts in this topic

maybe a new thread? post a coin for opinions before spending the money....if it's already been done then I would like any thoughts on this coin. I have 5 free submissions since I just renewed my NGC membership. I have had this handsome 1960-D small date for years. I t has some attractive colors forming and is still in it's mint state without carbon spots...is it worth slabbing?

46836-MVC-386S.JPG.7841dba4b4ccd5a6307906d22e3d1cd2.JPG

46837-MVC-387S.JPG.793618508598b4dd99494fae8ab13435.JPG

From the many times that I have seen this question asked on this forum, I believe that anyone with a coin that needs to be slabbed will not have to ask that question. So I would say do as you will, its your coin and only you know what your reasonings are.

Some collectors slab AG, common Morgans, others slab MS70, 2006 coins. Go figure. If you are asking a purely economic question, the answer is no. As a rule of thumb, I do not bother having a coin certified and slabbed unless it was worth at least $400-$500 or so.