• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Opinions on L&C Coins?

13 posts in this topic

I tried to buy something from them, once upon a time, but regardless of their pricing being over the top, how do you expect someone to buy a $3K to $5K coin with NO photographs? I won't even buy a coin over $500 without it being inhand, but $5000 without a photograph-I don't think so. I checked 20 or so of their ads and only one had a photograph. There may be more but I went no further as that was enough for me.

If it is the company I'm thinking of, don't ever get on their mailing list. I don't know how I did, but it is painful...Mike

edited to add: maybe it is L&S I'm thinking of???

I only bought from them once or twice but I was not disappointed with the quality of the coins I got. Here they are.

46824-ve1803.jpg.2cea89ee325fcf8bd601e41514681dd5.jpg

46825-ve18043.jpg.4090f95415fc5d5b8d24a018d89fbd13.jpg

they may be very good, I'm not sure since I've never bought from them. I agree with Jim-I'm not spending good money on coins with no pics. That's a huge leap of faith, especially considering that the prices seem a bit high also. I would pay a bit extra for the beautiful flowing hair cent and half cent shown above however...would feel better with pics beforehand though..

I have made a couple of small modern purchases from their Ebay listings. Their listings usually state that the modern coins have no haze or spotting. I recieved two coins with spotting, after emailing them, both coins were replaced with coins that I am happy to have in my collection..

I bought a 1903 Jefferson commem dollar certified by PCGS MS 63 for $660. When it went to COINFEST yesterday, and submitted it to CAC, John Albanese said it would qualify for a gold sticker and they thought it was an MS 64. I was very happy since I see 64`s are selling for $1400 to $1600!

OVER-PRICED

I think that about says it !

I agree. They are overpriced, but usually have decent material.

Back in 1994 when I started working on my V Nickels again,

I bought an 1885 and a 1912-S [ amoungst others ] in choice AU.

Both have been BB'd by PCGS as having been cleaned. That's a

disappointment for sure.

Sorry, no images of these two dates.

Must of been 1999-2003 they I purchased some very nice coins from them at reasonable prices. At that time most if not all their coins had photos. I quit shopping their site when they quit posting photos and saw huge jumps in their pricing, to me at least very unreasonable prices.