• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

"No Price" from Numismedia for 2005-forward?

6 posts in this topic

Why doesn't Numismedia have prices for coins that are minted from 2005 or later? The 2007s I can kinda get, but the 2005 and even the 2006 coins? There's been 10 or 20 months for those coins to normalized in the market and for fair market values to be established. Why then don't they list a price? It's not because of the small populations I know that much. There are tens of thousands of 2005 SAE's in MS69 and Numismedia still won't give me a price quote.

If you have accumulated convincing market data regarding the prices of these coins then Numismedia will accept that data and might come up with prices for these pieces based upon your work. I have worked with Numismedia on a number of oddball grade issues such as VF30 and EF45 for Flowing Hair and Bust coinage and in these cases my data has provided the basis for their valuations.

I have the latest issue of the Redbook which a few months ago which hust had a so so mintage of the 2005 Silver Eagle. It also had had a mistake.They reversed the mintage numbers of the Proof and UNC numbers for the 2005. I asked WHITMAN and they said that from time to time mistakes happen and they would correct it in the next issue.Not sure if that has anything to do with it.

I recently purchased an MS65 Morgan on Teletrade. Numismedia lsits the value as $147.50. The redbook mentioned above lists the same coin in that MS65 State as $200.00 so I guess it depends on the source.

As Tom mentioned I have found Dennis Baker and numismedia to be very helpful regarding certain reuests or data. Always responsive. Perhaps post a post in Ask Numismedia regarding specific values that are not listed. Actually I have found some later date coins do have values listed and as you point some don't. This week I wanted to know the value of the new Iowa state quarter (trains) in PF70 UCAM and they actually had it where other sources did not.

Rey

I have found them to be helpful also.When I asked about a 1987 A.S.E. with an error and a MS69 htey referred me to two experts in the field.

My point was that the latest issue of the Red Book showed a mistake because the Mintage number was reversed for the 2005. The poster did not say why he wanted to know the Price for the 2005 and if they were related.It looks like very few Uncircs were minted.

There was also a poster here a few Months ago that claimed that Numismedia prices were too high.Hence my statement that a Morgan is listed as $200.oo in MS65 in the red book and $147.50 by Numismedia.