• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

seizedpropertyauctions.com

11 posts in this topic

Please be aware that this company is a private enterprise that seems to go to great lengths to appear to be a Federal entity to the casual observer. This would immediately make me suspicious of their actions.

I have no history with this company, but when I visited the web page, McAfee warned that many had reported them as being misrepresentative of what they auction. No other auction house has ever been given me this warning by McAfee. Might not mean anything, but then again.

I have bid on a few coins and currency items but have never won anything. The bids always go higher than I am willing to give.

Ditto for me. I get their emails but I never even bother to look.

Has anyone done business with these folks? I'm thinking of bidding on a few of the items.

Online Auction site

This is a sight run by a contractor under contract from the Department of the Treasury and the Federal Asset Recovery Service out of the Department of Justice. It started as a way to auction assets siezed by revenue agents in the process of collecting on taxes. Since it was a success, the service takes consignments from other agencies including the Department of Justice (e.g., FBI) and Homeland Security (e.g., CBP and the former ATF).

Because this is a government sponsored program, the buyers' premium is low... I think 10-percent!

Scott :hi:

Thanks guys, that's very helpful. I noticed that the site is schizophrenic in how it appears like a gov't agency, but goes through great lengths to say it isn't. That's why I was wondering.