• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

US Type & Superb Classic Moderns - All Slabbed, 1c No Reserve Auctions

10 posts in this topic

Auction Link

Not my usual assortment of foreign coins, but rather mainly US coins this time. Lots of circulated type coins (ICG graded) and classic moderns (NGC graded).

1483740101.jpg

1483740201.jpg

1483742801.jpg

1483740901.jpg

1483741101.jpg

1483743201.jpg

3048810-017.jpg

1483744001.jpg

3048809-018.jpg

3048810-006.jpg

3048810-024.jpg

3048810-001.jpg

3048810-023.jpg

3048809-003.jpg

1483745001.jpg

Classic modern? hm

Yes. Stuff that is too new to be a classic, but too old to be a modern. Franklins are 45-60 years old. Clearly that is not modern, but not old enough to be classics.

Thanks. I've got several more to list and I really got screwed on the designations. They're all Ultra Cameo, but NGC was very stingy and liked to say Cameo * (Star) or just Cameo.

And Happy Birthday! :banana:

Classic modern? hm

Yes. Stuff that is too new to be a classic, but too old to be a modern. Franklins are 45-60 years old. Clearly that is not modern, but not old enough to be classics.

Is that phrase in standard use? I don't think I've seen it before despite wasting hours and hours of my employers time reading coin chat boards.

I have heard "vintage moderns" before.

Classic modern? hm

Is that phrase in standard use? I don't think I've seen it before despite wasting hours and hours of my employers time reading coin chat boards.

Vintage Moderns? That's so emo. All the cool kids are saying Classic Moderns.

Classic modern? hm

Vintage Moderns? That's so emo. All the cool kids are saying Classic Moderns.

I am coin uncool. :P